#10: Udang Lemak Cili Padi
We reached recipe #10! Not bad huh? So this time we tried cooking my favorite Udang Lemak Cili Padi and the stir fry mixed vege! We must have balanced diet right? So must add vege, and i liked how the colors of the vege mix in real well 🙂 The mixed vege is crunchy. Tasty. Colourful. This is perhaps one of the best vegetable dishes that I can serve on the plate, for friends and family or for unexpected guests. Plus, colours and smell can stimulate one’s brain to enjoy the dish more. As for Irman, he is in-charge of homemade (with love) mushroom soup made from scratch okay!
Udang Lemak Cili Padi Ingredients:
Tumeric Leaves/ Daun Kunyit
- 5 red chilies
- 5 chili padi
- 1 lemongrass
- 5 garlic/ bawang putih
- 1 bawang besar
- 3 slices of ginger/ halia
- 5 candlenuts / buah keras
- 3 cm of turmeric/ serbuk kunyit
2 packet of coconut milk/ santan
2 cups of water
1 asam keping (one means 1, don’t overdo it pls)
Chicken/ Crab/ Prawn
Telur Burung (optional)
Mushroom Soup Ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Small handful of shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 3/4 cup minced shallots (6 ounces, 170 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups (1 liter) chicken stock
- 1/2 (120 ml) cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
Stir Fry Mixed Vege Ingredients:
3 garlic, finely choped
1 big onion, finely chopped
200 gm cauliflower, cut into small pieces
200 gm brocolli, cut into small pieces
1 carrot, cut into cubes
200 gm green beans, cut into 1 inch long
1/2 red capsicum, cut into small cubes
1/2 yellow capsicum, cut into small cubes
1 can button mushroom, wash thoroughly
200 oyster mushroom
6 shitake mushroom, cut into small pieces
300 gm prawns, skin peeled
1 chicken breast fillet, cut into small pieces
3 tbsp oyster sauce
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp corn flour, mixed well with 1/2 cup of water
1. In a heated pan, pour oil. When the oil is hot, put chopped onions and garlic. Stir until slightly brown.
2. Add prawns and chicken breast. Stir well for 30 seconds.
3. When the prawns and chicken are half cooked, add oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well for 30 seconds.
4. Then, add carrots, green beans, cauliflower and brocolli. Stir for 30 seconds.
5. Add button mushroom, oyster mushroom and shitake mushroom. Stir for one minute.
6. Then add capsicum and stir for 30 seconds.
7. Finally, add corn flour which has been mixed with 1/2 cup of water, to thicken the vegetable.
8. Mix well and serve while still hot.