Aglio Olio Made with Love
Irman loves this dish and therefore, I will cook it from time to time only because I love him.
– Spaghetti/Penne (your choice)
– Olive oil
– Large prawns
– Garlic (chopped)
– Chili padi
– Parsley (finely chopped)
– Black pepper
- Bring a pot of water with 1 tbsp sea salt to a boil. Cook pasta according until al dente. Drain and set aside the pasta, reserving some of the pasta water if not making prawn stock.
- Remove the shells and veins from the prawns. Add the prawns heads and shells to a small pot with just enough water to cover them (I use about 150ml water), bring to a simmer for about 3-5 minutes to make prawn stock. Strain the stock and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the sauce pan with the prawn juices and browned bits. When the oil is heated, add garlic and chilli. Saute until the garlic turns light brown.
- Turn off the stove. The garlic will continue cooking in the hot oil on its own for a few more seconds in the hot oil, until they turn a lovely golden brown.
- Add cooked pasta, cooked prawns, about 2 tbsp of prawn stock, chopped parsley and remaining butter (cubed) to the garlic & oil mixture. Stir to coat all the ingredients evenly. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper.